Friday, May 9, 2008

Women's Conference 2008

I held to the annual tradition this year of traveling with friends (Alicia, Rosane, Tara, and Terry) to Women's Conference at BYU Provo. I think I've been six or seven times and it is always such a fun, uplifting, recharging trip. There are many perks to taking this trip for me: I get to spend four glorious days away with good friends, I get to stay in my old neighborhood in Lindon and visit my dear Utah friends, I get to see our old dog Sunni, who we adopted for 2 yrs from friends and then gave her back when we moved to CA to the yard with no grass or space for a big dog, back to the perks: I get to eat Cafe Rio (twice this trip), I come back with a renewed hope and desire to be a better, wife, mom, friend and all around person. My batteries get so recharged that it really lasts more than just a couple of days! I am reminded why I love the weather so much in San Clemente. ie: note the picture of the frozen tree. The blossoming trees all over campus were beautiful, however.





The highlight of the trip this year was hitching a ride in the back of my friend Karen's son's pick-up truck to get a ride back to the stadium parking lot. Alicia, Rosane and I were laying down in the back of the pickup, laughing so hard, feeling like we were in high school, hiding from all the traffic cops directing traffic. We felt so sneaky, so guilty, so happy not to walk, and so-loserish (not a word) all at the same time! Rosane was particularly distraught because she always lectures her daughter about not riding in the back of a pick-up. You're busted, Rosane!


Erin making us cuddle with her on the bean bag! Ha Ha! She ALWAYS brings the laughter!


Another huge perk-having President Monson close conference. He was amazing, and it was so cute, when he was leaving, he waved to the crowd, and every woman in the Marriot Center waved back at him. I wish I had captured it on film.


Here's a fun little side note...we went to hear a speaker and worked on a humanitarian project-making baby beannies- and while doing this project we had to pair up with someone. Alicia sat next to this woman she didn't know and got to talking. Alicia told her that her son would be going to the MTC in a couple of weeks and it turned out that this very woman will be there at the MTC that day and will be one of the ladies that helps Sandy get settled in after he says good-bye to his family. Coincidence? I don't think so!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I am so glad I got to see all you guys while you were here, I wish I got to spend more time with you, but what I got was better than nothing. Hopefully I will get to see you again soon!