Sunday, February 21, 2010

torched


About a month ago, a month after Christmas when our discarded tree was nice and crunchy, we took it to North Beach, had a nice little gathering with some s'mores and were entertained by Tanner's guitar playing. I took lots of pictures of the family cozied up to the fire (which I accidentally deleted, argh), all but a few pics survived including this one of Tanner being theatrical by the inferno created by our beautiful, crisp tree. I have never done this with our tree before, so I was jaw-dropped by the intensity of the heat and flames. Wow, people actually used to put candles on their trees? Well, maybe not when they are so dead. I couldn't believe how fun it was to watch, it was a pyromaniac's dream. I can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comments:

Erin said...

that is an awesome picture! is buring your tree like that legal...I don't know why, but I always thought you weren't allowed to do that.