I've had a serious dry spell with my blogging. I think I got a little overwhelmed when we got back from Paris with skads of pictures, details, and mostly preparing Dillon to go on his mission. I was pretty much consumed with the LIST that came shortly after his mission call. But, today was a hugely eventful day in the Boyes family. We dropped Dillon off at the MTC this morning. We left on Monday night, stayed in Lindon with dear friends, played and ate all day Tuesday at Dillon's favorite spots, then awoke Weds. to the reality that the day was finally here. Dillon put on his suit, requested a sausage mcmuffin with egg for his last meal, we stopped to take some pictures, and then experienced the new drop off procedure at the MTC. It was over so quickly, I only shed a hundred tears instead of the thousand that would have flooded if I had had to go into the MTC to watch a sappy movie, sing a sad song and be led out one door as my son went through another. I am so glad I missed that! Seriously! It's hard enough. But it was a great day, one I will NEVER forget. I'm so proud of Dillon, can't wait to have some letters and pictures from the MTC start rolling in. I'm also going to start new blog for his mission so my slacker blog days are over!
3 days ago

5 comments:
Oh Val, He looks so handsome, and old. Cant believe he is on his mission! Love to all of you!
Great pictures! You will love having a missionary out in the field. Lots of blessings will come to your family.
What a handsome boy! I hope Megan is still around when he comes home! It was so great to see you while you were here. Thank you SO much for the adorable shoes! They are my favorite color! I can't wait for Lincoln to wear them. Keep posting about Dillon. I'd love to hear how he is doing!
Love these photos. Elder Boyes is so handsome. What a great missionary he will be. Congrats to you and Michael on raising such an amazing boy/man.
Ahh, sweet little missionary Dillon! Pretty handsome kid, Val :)
Post a Comment