Saturday, March 7, 2009

nineteen and eighteen




Tanner turned 18 last week. Dillon turned 19 two days later. Two days after Tanner was born, we brought him home from the hospital on Dillon's first birthday. It's been a blur ever since. They have always been very different in temperament and style but very compatible as brothers and friends. These two pictures are what their lives are all about right now- Tanner the renaissance man, music loving, car repairing, motorcycle riding free spirit. Dillon moved home a couple of weeks ago after a fun six months of living on his own. Lots of stories to tell, a good concussion, sleeping in until 2 pm, Betos burritos at 2 am, time of your life kind of moments, but now his decision to serve a mission has grounded him a little bit. He put on his suit and tie at 11:30pm the other night and I took this picture of him to include in his missionary paperwork. It will go to Salt Lake in the next couple of days and soon he will know where he is spending the next two years of his life. I feel so blessed to have such exceptional boys. They have good hearts. Sometimes I miss the little boys they once were, but I am so proud of the young men they have become.

7 comments:

Erin said...

This post made me cry. I love these boys!

I can't wait to find out where Dillon is going. Also, I love that picture of Tanner.

Deanna said...

Great picture! Make sure you post where Tanner is going when you get the letter. I can't believe they are so old. But Tait only has 2 more years till he'll be going too.

kbradley said...

They sure a good looking boys. I look forward to finding out where Dillon goes on his mission.

Brooke Malia Mann said...

Dang tanner is so HOT!!!

Brooke Malia Mann said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
andi said...

You've got to be so proud of your kids. So proud of Dillon and can't wait to hear where he's going!

Michele said...

Handsome boys! You made some cutie pies.