Monday, October 27, 2008

gone

Our Mac genius friend, Brandon, ran a recovery program on my external hard drive and not much was recovered. About 2000 of my 14,000 pictures. I thought external hard drives weren't supposed to crash! I'm so sad and still in denial. Almost every picture from 2006 until now is gone. If anyone has any pictures of my kids, send them my way. If anyone knows of a good company that does crash recovery, let me know. I'm hanging on to a thread of hope that maybe more can be recovered.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a future backup solution, i suggest Carbonite Online Backup.

The Pines at Castle Rock said...

Matt has a friend who is really computer smart and has recovered lots of stuff. He wants to know if you have disk warrior, which a really good program to recover, is that what you use?

Brooke Malia Mann said...

The guy that helped us try to recover stuff used Disk Warrior. I'm wondering if I should give up or try another recovery. Ask your friend if there's hope after Disk Warrior has run it's recovery...if you could, please :o)

Brooke Malia Mann said...

Oops, It's Val, not Brooke

Erin said...

oh honey. My heart just broke for you. I think I have some pictures, I will put them online in my web gallery for you.

andi said...

I just shed a tear for you! I know how bad that sucks!

Michele said...

I am so sad for you. I know exactly how you feel. Last Christmas when my lap top was stolen I was sick to my stomach because I hadn't backed up photos for a while. I'm going to talk to Chad and see if he knows anyone that can help.

Sheree in GA said...

Great blog! I love all of the pictures of the kids and the name is precious. I am glad I found you and can now keep up on what's happening!

CJ said...

Hi Valerie. My mom gave me your blog address and it has been so fun to catch up a little bit, especially seeing the great pics of your kids! Little Vienna is beautiful, she looks just like you. When you were in our ward, you only had Dillon and Tanner and they were both very little boys! Can't believe how grown up they are now. Glad everyone is well. I sent you an invite to our blog.

Love,
Carrie Gossling Rhinehart

kbradley said...

Hi Valarie, this is Karen Chirinos-Bradley. Carrie sent me a link and I have to say that I am old! How can it be that the cute little boys I babysat are driving and going to COLLEGE!!! They are so handsome and Vienna is so beautiful. I have a blog too, but it's private so if you email me I can send you a link. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving. kaychat@hotmail.com