Last Saturday was our ward Christmas party- a breakfast with Santa. It was a spectacular event with the really real Santa making an arrival towards the end of the party. All 150 plus kids in our ward lined up to sit on his warm, comfy lap. Vienna, being the non aggressive, slightly spacey child that she is, ended up almost last in line. I decided to wait it out, camera ready to get a picture to prove to her someday, that yes, even though you are the fifth child, I did take you to see Santa, and I did wait for an hour and a half too. Well, by the time she finally got to the front of the line, the whole party was disassembled, the chairs were being put away and the floors were getting swept. My younger sons, Walker and Jack showed up right as she was about to get her turn. I told Walker, who will be twelve in a couple of weeks to go up there with Jack so I could get a picture of all three together. When will I ever have that opportunity again? I waited my time, I wanted the shot. Jack hurried up to be with Vienna, no problem. Walker, on the other hand, wouldn't go. I was literally begging. It was pathetic. There were Jack and Vienna on the stage sitting on Santa's lap and Walker WOULD NOT GO. I was actually pretty mad at him that he wouldn't humor his pleading mother. So, I took the picture, muttering to Walker, "go away, I'm mad at you, you lost your chance, no presents for you..."
Little did I know that a friend was watching the whole thing and snapped a shot of the classic moment. After the party was over and we were walking out to the car, there was Santa walking to his car too. Walker yelled out to him, "Santa, please can we take another picture with you?" He turned to me, smiled and said, "will this make everything okay?". Wow, I felt kind of bad, but it worked. I got the last picture I will probably ever get of my three youngest kids with Santa.
3 days ago

3 comments:
wow that is hilarious. I can totally see this going down too. Its so sweet that Santa wanted to put an end to the contention. Your hair looks cute too...why don't you post a picture of that?
That's so sweet. And Vienna is a SPITTING image of you! And Jack, too, now that I'm looking at it!
I miss you.
Post a Comment