Thursday, January 12, 2012

Golden Birthday


Our cute Vienna had a golden birthday this year and turned 10 on the 10th. We met a girl at Ruby's for dinner that night who also had a birthday and she had turned 10 on the 10th in 2010! Wow, so what do you call that? A platinum birthday?

We are so lucky to have an amazing photographer in the family, Walker, who took these darling pictures of Vienna on her birthday as the sun was going down.

Vienna is a sweet, thoughtful, independent, creative, easy going girl who loves soccer, drawing, painting, making cards, riding bikes, helping me cook, making jewelry and playing with her friends. I am relishing the girl that Vienna has become even though I am sad that my baby has hit double digits and is growing up. I feel so blessed to have a girl after being a mom to four boys. I still pinch myself sometimes as I just stare at her and remind myself that I actually have a daughter. Some say that mothers lose their sons as they grow up and get married, a thought with I don't like one bit, but daughters grow up, get married and still have a special, close bond with their moms. Daughters and their mothers become friends. That is my hope for Vienna. She is the kind of person that, someday, I would like to be friends with. Right now, I'm so proud to be her mommy.

2 comments:

Memory said...

So I suck because I never called. Tell Vie I wish her a happy late birthday. Sorry I didn't call. Love you guys! Great pictures!

Sheree in GA said...

She is beautiful! And tell Walker GREAT PICTURES!